High School Paw Express
What is Paw Express?
It is an extracurricular culinary arts club started in 2000 at MHS.
What is FCCLA/Paw Express?
It is a Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO) at Morenci High School; it is a state and national organization of FCCLA (Family, Career & Community Leaders of America) whose purpose is to develop an interest in culinary arts and to gain valuable workplace skills.
- Membership affiliation dues are $15.00 for the school year and the dues are covered by Morenci High School
- Students must be enrolled in Culinary Arts Applications or Internship and must be in grades 11-12.
- Membership is a requirement for those students enrolled in Applications or Internship classes, and grades will be impacted for failure to participate in FCCLA/Paw Express sponsored events.
- Members must attend scheduled meetings and group activities, including catered functions and fundraisers. Please see Mrs. Carbajal or any FCCLA/Paw Express officer if unable to attend and/or work.
- Members must obtain a Food Handler's Card. (Note: A Food Handler's Class will be offered at MHS or at a local place in the near future. There is no cost for the class. If students pass the Food Handler's Test, they will be issued a Food Handler's Card that is good for three years. If students cannot make the class, they can take an online class that will cost $10.00; students will be responsible for paying this cost. Students can see Mrs. Carbajal for more information regarding these classes.)
- Members will take the Arizona Technical Skills Assessment in Culinary Arts as well as the National ServSafe Food Manager's exam.
- Students who pass the two required state and national exams will qualify to apply for membership in the National Technical Honor Society.
- Eligible to participate in all group rewards voted on by the group and approved by school administration (example: possible field trip to culinary arts school /restaurant and water fun park; possible club scholarship when a senior member; discounted or free meals, t-shirt, etc.)
- Eligible to participate in competitions and attendance at state FCCLA events, subscription to “Teen Times”, and other rewards from the state and national FCCLA office.
- Something to list on resumes and job applications since workplace skills will be gained from working at events
- Friendships and being part of a group with similar interests as you